Health & Safety
Warman Building Company prides itself on its compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other relevant legislations. This means we meet the standards required to protect all of our employees, customers and any persons involved by our work operations.
Our company is accredited with Altius who specialise in vendor assessment and hence enforce strict requirements on meeting the appropriate Health & Safety and Insurance for clients. Altius are members of SSIP (Safety Schemes in Procurement). Our policies are reviewed and assessed annually which ensures the standards expected of employees and sub-contractors are maintained to the highest standards. We are also assisted by Wessex Health & Safety in guaranteeing all Health & Safety requirements are met. Our commitment to meet all legislation includes:
- Regular assessment of work activities in order to identify associated hazards and control the risks arising.
- Monthly Tool Box Talks to offer information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety of employees and subcontractors
- Providing any necessary personal protective clothing and equipment
- Maintenance of each working site environment to ensure no risk to health and to address first aid; fire prevention and control; welfare facilities and arrangements for employees and subcontractors.
- Management commitment to continue high standards of health and safety achieved through monitoring performance and the continuous improvement of the health and safety values throughout the company.